MasterKure 111 CF is an
Evaporation retardant and finishing aid
How does MasterKure 111 CF work?
MasterKure 111 CF evaporation retardant
helps produce high quality, concrete (slab) and
reduces surface moisture evaporation.
Because MASTERKURE 111 CF retards
evaporation, it is especially effective in combating
rapid drying conditions (high concrete and / or
ambient temperatures, low humidity, high winds,
direct sunlight, work in heated interiors during
cold weather, etc.).
What is MasterKure 111 CF used for?
- Concrete surfaces where the evaporation
rate exceeds the rate of bleeding of the
- GGBS concrete.
- Condensed silica fume concrete.
- Concrete containing fly ash.
- All BASF cementitious dry shakes.
What are the benefits of MasterKure 111 CF?
- Reduces surface moisture evaporation
approx 80% in wind and about 40% in
sunlight. It has no effect on the cement
hydration process. Concrete strength (early
and ultimate), abrasion resistance and
durability are not altered, except for the
improvement in overall quality resulting from
the control of rapid evaporation. When
applying MasterTop surface hardeners
under hot and / or windy conditions, the use
of MASTERKURE 111 CF is strongly
recommended after screeding.
Eliminates or reduces crusting, stickiness
and underlying sponginess which often
cause unevenness and poor surface texture
by controlling the evaporation of concrete
while waiting between initial finishing and
later toweling or power floating.
- Reduces and, in many instances, eliminates plastic shrinkage cracking and wind crusting of flatwork surfaces. Also supplements the recommended practices for hot weather concreting. Under some conditions, properly diluted MasterKure 111 CF alone will provide the necessary safeguard against the ill effects of evaporation.
- Increases the amount of surface handled per
finisher, even under rapid-drying conditions
because the surface remains plastic and
finishable for a longer time. Thus, work can
proceed whereas, without
MASTERKURE 111 CF, it might be postponed to
avoid finishing problems. MasterKure 111 CF is an evaporation
retardant monomolecular filming agent the use of
which is mentioned in:
ACI 305 Hot Weather Concreting
ACI 345 Guide for Concrete Highway Bridge
ACI 302.1 Guide for Concrete Flooring and Slab